Friday, December 7, 2012

The Toronto School of Art



... is bankrupt!

Here's me, three and a half academic years in and just half way through my credits.  I'll never get my Diploma in Fine Arts.  I do hope to get my money back for the no-longer-upcoming Winter term.

But all that is beside the point which is the loss of community.  So many people.  The loss of such excellent teaching.  My progress has been exponential this year.  I was never looking forward so eagerly to the term ahead.

We had our final critique in Fundamental Acrylics on the Tuesday.  We'd picked out our pieces for the Fall term Open House.  Then on Friday November 30, the doors were locked and that was that.

Shock.

There is now a Facebook group and talk of Phoenix from the ashes in some form or other.  I hope this happens -- I want to study further with those great teachers and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment